- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The DSM Business Process Manager (BPM) is responsible for the process excellence and process evolution (in line with the overarching DSM strategy) within the respective DSM unit by acting as the end-to-end process owner with full responsibility over the process and supporting the DSM long-term strategy. He/she is responsible for maintaining the highest performance of the process, ensuring adequate trainings and knowledge transfer to the process users’ community.
Major Accountabilities include:
• Acts as end-to-end process owner within the assigned areas.
• Is responsible for the design, monitoring and continuous improvement of the respective business processes based on needs as well as strategic directions
• Ensures that interfaces between processes within the same unit as well as cross-functionally are well defined and continuously improved. As such, is a key member of the cross-functional process excellence team in DSM .
• Identifies process deficiencies or opportunities for improvement, evaluates process performance through performance and quality indicators, proactively collecting end-user feedback
• Acts as a project manager on specific improvement initiatives.
• Is responsible that the process related documentation is in place and its timely maintenance, in compliance with Novartis Quality Manual and other internal and external policies and guidelines if applicable (e.g. ESOPS reviewer, Training material, Process Maps, CCPs).
• Acts as investigation owner in case of process deviation.
• Ensures efficient escalation and communication channels are in place .
• Optimizes knowledge transfer, acting as a coach/mentor and organizing regular process related training, best practices and lessons learned sessions .
• Supports maintenance and optimization of the unit’s training curriculum in regards to technical trainings
• Supports internal/external inspections and audits.
Advanced university degree;
Fluent in English, local language (German) desirable
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience of which at least 5 in clinical supplies;
- Track record to perform root cause analyses and to lead process improvement initiatives;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to align opposing positions and manage stakeholders
Division Global Drug Development
Business Unit TECHNICAL R & D GDD
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.