IT Developer - Service Management Platform (BB-3DD48)
Gefunden in: Talent CH
Are you an IT developer technician looking for a challenging professional experience to further your career? If so, joining CERN’s TTE programme may very well give you that challenge.
The Site and Civil Engineering (SCE) department manages and develops CERN’s real estate assets and infrastructures in agreement with CERN’s scientific strategy, as well as all the services related to the caretaking and operation of the CERN site.
Our vision: create an inspiring and welcoming environment for CERN’s scientific community now and in the future.
You will be part of the Service Management and Support (SMS) group, which is responsible for the operation of the central Service Desk and the implementation of an unified service management processes all across the SCE department. The SMS group also provides service management tools and consultancy across CERN. In joint collaboration with the IT department, the SMS group maintains and develops a service management tool and service portal used CERN-wide, based on the widely known Service-Now platform.
- Work in the joint IT-SCE Service-Now developer team, participate to the configuration, customization, extension and support of service management tools serving all services at CERN, in particular the Service-Now platform and CERN Service Portal. Examples of ongoing projects shared within the team: improved mobile experience, automated personal data retention in line with data privacy standards, improved security, and the Service Portal search optimization.
- Contribute to the design and development of specific workflows supporting improved business service delivery in the SCE department and in other services across CERN. Functionalities are developed within the Service-Now platform.
- Experience with front-end technologies (HTML/CSS/jQuery). AngularJS is desirable;
- Experience in web application debugging and web services (REST/SOAP);
- Experience with the Service-Now platform, complex data models, database design, and data integration (ETL) is desirable.
- Ability to work in a team: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships, while working in strong collaboration with business analysts and other developers;
- Ability to achieve results: take responsibility for achieving quality results and work in a structured and efficient way;
- Ability to solve problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems, and taking action to address them;
- Ability to self-management: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting;
- Ability to learn and share knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of English is required;
- Basic knowledge of French would be an advantage.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member State or Associate Member State );
- You have a Technical Diploma ), and no more than 4 years' relevant experience after finishing your diploma;
- If you are currently studying, you are still eligible to apply, although you are expected to have obtained your qualification by the start of your appointment at CERN;
- If you hold a BSc or MSc, you are not eligible. However you may be eligible for the Fellowship Programme.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- An employment contract of one year, renewable for a second year;
- On-the-job and formal training at CERN as well as in-house language courses for English and/or French;
- A monthly stipend of 4585 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax);
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund;
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva;
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
Your future Life @CERN
Get a glimpse of what it’s like to work at CERN: and
This is how you can apply:
You will need the following documents, clearly labelled (e.g. “CV”, “Motivation letter”, “Academic transcript”, etc.) and in PDF format to complete your application:
- A full and clear CV (please make sure to put as much information as possible in it)
- A scanned copy of your latest relevant qualification (or a screenshot of the latest academic transcript obtained if the diploma is not yet obtained);
- At least one reference letter (from a professor or previous employer) giving an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements. This should be as broad as possible.
- You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. Please note this must be done before the closing date.
All applications should normally reach us no later than 31.05.2021.
It's really important to fill with particular attention the motivation part and education/experience part.
calendar_todayvor 2 Tagen